Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Day 07

I encountered a problem where my primary and secondary colours were not updating in the Shader View. At first I assume Houdini's shop context was buggy similar to yesterday when I was tweaking the opacity parameter.

Mr Ron figured it was a silly connection between "Normalized Incident" fed into "Add" which was left after I deleted a node between them! The colours returned to normal and he moved on to showing me sprites following a post on odforce.

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/12543-photorealistic-water/
(High pressured, fire hydrant which could be considered for the hydra's waterbreath)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srgC6chysew
(Water Hydrant Spraying)













With an image with alpha channel like the one below,
we are able to use it as sprite and together with motion blur, they will look like high-speed water sprays. Mr Ron set up a simple test hoping to proof it works.

Here are the completed renders from last night:

No comments:

Post a Comment